Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bug 'O the Day



Tonight's Bug of the Day -

I guess it beats calling it a "B.I.L.O" - Bug I'd Like to Own.

a VW Bug-MILF.

hmm - BILO doesn't sound too bad either.

Maybe tomorrow, for the next Bug 'o the day.

This one, found in the photo Gallery section of thesamba.com, posted by someone named "Primo Beer."

I have no details, but I like the way it looks - big wheel in back, no body mods, but big-wing spoiler.

Looks fast, like zero-to-sixty in 12 seconds, instead of 12 minutes. I think I timed my bug, a '71 super beetle, from a complete stop at the metering-lights to the Bay Bridge, to around 60, and I think it was about 20-30 seconds. I wasn't pushing it, but when you merge into the bus lane, and the Golden Gate Transit is coming through w/o having to stop for toll, that's motivation!

No comments: