Saturday, March 14, 2009

It will be my birthday 3/15

I look out the window to see the purple pink lavender sky,
and i see the sunset on the year i was 29 (years old)
my 30th year on earth
my twenties if you will

and i think to myself
what a wonderful world
what a wonderful life
that's a movie
i know
my favorite

here at work
sports radio
and as the station and the sports world buzzes around me

puerto rico plays world baseball against the united states
and is winning

the san jose sharks play hockey against los angeles

the espn radio feed pours out stats and results from the college basketball playoff tournaments

and i think of all the times when i was 10
thinking and hoping and wishing i was older
to be able to solve all the mysteries of sports and life

now twenty or so years later
i find that the more I live
the more mysteries there are
and the more I have to work on

learning about myself over time
is about learning about the 5 good things i have going for me
and the 15 things that i need to improve on

but alot has gone right for me over this time
i have found a nice place to live my life in
a nice place in the world

i know where i've been
and i'm learning more about where i want to go

seen some things improve
i can write my thoughts
and they go all over the world
on this here
ive made friends all over the world
seen parts of the world
and learned that us humans share alot of the same things

remembering back to middle school and high school
and although i've distanced myself from both
both in time and lifestyle
i've realized that all the anxieties that i once had
have become more manageable ones
and alot of the uncertainties that i had
have become real life solutions
that i dont have to worry about as much anymore

through it all
ive seen how alot of who i was as a kid
has not changed

i dont like doing what i dont like
until i try something new and realize that i like it

i really love who and what i love
and dont go out of my way to hurt anyone

i dont really hang out with one certain type or group
i like mixing and matching
and creating my own style

i dont really like deciding on things
and i take a long time to make choices

i get along okay when i sit down and think about how i want to do something
and although i like to listen to advice
i dont always need it or take it

i love collecting things
bits of objects and information
but somewhere along the line
i learned to forget to line them up in order
and now i cant remember where i put some of them
or when or where i got them from

i can think of more
but it doesn't come out too easily
i guess it will take a while longer
and that's why i'm still here

well, one of the reasons why

No comments: