Saturday, April 28, 2007

Silver Screen Blues

Going to sleep before my morning shift, I get looney.

Last night's featured idea: Great sequels never made, such as:

Forrest Gump II: Forrest raises little Forrest, and one day decides to run to an island, where he finds it is deserted, and little Forrest has to find him, with the help of dead people that only he can see.

Memorable lines include:

Tom Hanks: "But Lil' Forr'st, I don' see a-ny pee-pole ova he're."

Haley Joel Osment: "But dad, I see them. (whispers) I see dead islanders."

The Natural II: Roy Hobbs son grows up to become a Major Leaguer, under his father's tutelage. He ends up getting shot by ex-sportswriter Max Mercy, who has been blacklisted for selling steroids to ballplayers, because Roy Jr. won't take them. Roy senior ends the film by hitting a used syringe into the ocean.

Memorable lines include:

Robert Duvall: "But kid, what you don't understand is that your pops was juiced. The Whammer was juiced. You don't make the headlines if you don't take the strong stuff."

Roy Jr.: "Sir, my father may have been a philanderer, but he was certainly not a cheater. Now get out of my dugout before I tell Pop Junior."

and also:

Clubhouse Guy: "Nine, ya got me. I think that's permanently taken, but Ninety-nine. Now that's a number!"


I guess its not that funny unless you've seen the first films multiple times...

Stay tuned to Im-Dib TV for more potential screen-breakers, coming soon to a Straight-to-video near you!

No comments: