Saturday, April 28, 2007

ABOUT ME

Saturday, 4/28/2007

San Francisco-
I'm working the morning shift out of KNBR, 1050 AM.

I realize that you haven't heard a peep out of me since my writing explosion last last Wednesday.

So I want to give you the snippets that make working here very, uh, great!

NFL Draft:
After jibbering and jabbering on Fox Sports Radio, who's taking (rival network) ESPN's audio of the NFL commissioner, the Oakland Raiders anti-climactically picked JaMarcus Russell, big-guy QB from Louisianna State. Denny Green exclaimed something about "Crowning" him, in his raspy hoarse-call.

The 49ers picked an LB from Old Miss, which was probably a good pick, because I've never heard of him. We wondered whether Ralph told him "Go Sharks!" on the phone.

The ESPN talking heads were pretty convinced about Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn going top-3. When he didn't, Chris Berman said "this is the first curveball of this draft." I wasn't listening, but I think he said that every time Quinn wasn't drafted, which, at Green Bay's #16 pick, still hasn't happened.

A sad sidenote, GreenBay picked a Defensive Tackle with their first pick. I don't know who he is, and at #16 overall, alot of people don't know him, but they show a crowd shot of little kids boo-ing the pick with their dads.

How can you boo your team's draftpick?! He hasn't played or even put on the team's uniform yet. What has he done, except for not been hyped enough, to get booed before even playing for them. I just remember Donovan McNabb, drafted by Philly, who went on to playoff-runs every year, and a Superbowl appearance, being drafted and getting booed. Who were the Eagles supposed to take instead?! No one remembers because that guy was not worthy of playing in the league.

And the Warriors won -
who knew? I still don't believe they made the playoffs. If i start acknowledging it, then they'll lose. I actually ran the board for the game lastnight, and after crazy playoff-related technical difficulties (what was on the paper, and in the computer, were 2 different things), we had a great! broadcast. Tim Roye is good at making it exciting, but the way the W's were playing, and the crowd was into it, they didn't need much help anyway. The producer calling me on the phone kept getting drowned out by happy-excited crowd noise- that is the best sound on radio that there is...

No comments: