Saturday, February 7, 2009

A New Beginning


So its been a while, friends.

A while ago (sometime between the 2008 MLB All-Star Game and now, according to my blog), I kept hearing this song (click on the player below) in my head, which is a pretty darn good song, and I knew that I had heard it in a movie somewhere along the line, but I couldn't remember where.

Turns out, its the end-credits to the hockey movie Miracle, with Kurt Russell as Coach Herb Brooks of the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey team.



This video is great, and credit some guy/woman called "chamilton268" with that one, but its not the end credits to the film. I guess I'll have to post what I saw, so that you can see what I like about it; the music, along with the credits for the actors, and what the real players went on to do with their lives after their hockey days. Then a nice dedication to the real Coach Brooks, who passed away before the film came out, but who did go and talk with the actors while they were filming. That was a nice touch.

Anyway, that got me to thinking about what I want to do with my life (too deep to go into detail here), and then I wanted to start writing again. So I am. Please excuse the short first column, but if this were a media-covered event (a televised return to blog-posting?! what is this, the Truman Show?!) then I would cite that song revolving in my head as the starting point for my new way of life. Well, new ways of life, but I'm not getting into all that.

You know how a lot of people take their blog(s) and open 'em up to everyone, and spill their guts and messes in life for all to see, and then TMZ or some crazy media outlet gets a hold of it, and all of a sudden, Michael Phelps gets stoned and everyone knows?! Well, this one is not gonna be like that. I'm not even gonna link that guy's name to some TMZ site for the pix, because I'm gonna leave that guy alone. I swam a mile a few times before, and I didn't even like pot when I tried it a few times, so I know what that guy is going through. (NO, I did not laugh a bunch after hitting it, I can do that w/o that stuff - it just made me really sleepy, and then I had some kind of hangover the next day, I didn't like it)

But I did, however, change the name of this fine establishment from its previous title (Laffy's Once a Month Baseball Extravaganza), to the generic reincarnation title (Laffy's More-Often, Imagination-Driven, Drivel Pad), to its current signage.

Sure hope this isn't my last posting till the All Star Break...

Knockin' on wood,

Laffy

No comments: