Sunday, June 3, 2007

JUNE 1st post - weekend update!

So I went to Japan, which was great and which I wish to return to for future radio or sports employment. Working a convenience store there wouldn't be too bad either, but for now, I'm working semi-convenience store hours at the sports radio station, which beats my former hours, 6a to 2p on glorious weekend mornings.

Working evenings at sports radio gives me access/the privilege of cutting highlights from the weekends' games and events, which is what sports is all about.

Some notes:

The Giants blew a 4 run lead, and got beat by a little fly to left by the Phillies' Shane Victorino (whatta name!), who is a decent hitter, and has paid his dues being passed over in the minors. But this homer barely made it to the stands in Philly, barely made the flower pots they have separating the stands from the outfield fences. Good for him, but what a way to lose.

On the other hand, the A's beat the Twins on Saturday on a Joe Blanton shutout, all of an hour and 40-some minutes of a game. On Sunday, little Chad G0-Dan, the goatee-wearing, French-Canadian-heritaged righty from Louisiana (one of my favorites), beat Johan Santana, the little lefty from Venezuela (born exactly a day before me, was a lefty shortstop in his home country, another one of my faves) . Frail Bobby Crosby drives in a run when his broken bat flying at the Twins thirdbaseman "breaks up" a potential double play (his off-balance throw misses secondbase, and goes into right field). Good for him - its about time he's regaining his clutch RBI powers...

and finally, golf, which I never care about. KJ Choi beats out Tiger Woods, among others. He's been decent for a long time, so good for him. I hope some of you out there won bets on that one. What a longshot!

For Johnny Laughs Sunday night update, this is Johnny Long...

No comments: