Wednesday, April 18, 2007

so off we go!

I am a perfectionist (no matter what you think of me in person). This combined with laziness results in my not posting anything, resumes or blogs, in a great while.

So I realized that its okay to not be perfect in the beginning.
In 2000, the SF Giants (BONDS JUST HIT ONE - #738!)
okay, the SFG's opened their new ballpark.
They lost their first six home games in their new stadium.
I was thinking that maybe they should go back to ol' Candlestick to get some wins- they had probably trangressed in the eyes of the baseball gods (Babe Ruth and the boys).
But then they won their first home game at the end of the month, and then went on to record a great record at home (55-26, .679 pct!), took the NL West, and made the playoffs.

All this to say, that perfection in the beginning is nothing compared to how you finish.
In the spirit of the Giants' humble beginnings in their new home, I humbly submit my first posting here, and online in general (the opening greeting was an exhibition game), and I hope you enjoy my scribe-manship from here on.

JN
4/18/2007
from The BONE 107.7 studios

No comments: